Saturday, June 13, 2015

Up the virgin's cleavage


Radical surgery! The virgin's second tit now featuring in the foundations of the old Yala road.















For those who didn't make it to the top of the second hill today. here is what remains of the virgin's middle tit. The quarrying work has got to the stage that it is now impossible to visit all three peaks on the hill without going down to ground level between the first and third peaks (see below) involving a detour of about 1k and adding another 60-meter climb to the run, and the second peak. although it can still be discerned. has a 20 meter deep cleft in it. Still, it'll make a spectacular run site when the diggers get bored and decide to go off and despoil another piece of Songkhla's naturally beautiful countryside!

For the bulk of the pack who followed paper and didn't abuse their position as administrator of this blog, the long run was 6.7k although anyone unlucky enough to have found all the F's and X's would have covered about 8.5k. The maximum height was only 110m and the total ascent was 277m. First home was Beavershot in a time that was not much longer than it took the first runner to complete the 3.4k short run which never quite got within range of the quarry but got up to a creditable 80m or so. The bulk of the short run pack got held up by the final check and arrived a little later, followed not long after by the remains of the long run, who did the decent thing and followed the paper round the whole run - bless 'em, with the returning Perky, who had sheltered from the rain then opted for the short run, bringing up the rear.


3 comments:

  1. So you put up some version of this rehash just before the run and think that I must have seen it? Well, I didn't, and if you're paranoid about that sort of thing, then just wait till after the run to post! From the 4th 360's checkback I did carry on, veering slightly to the left and hitting paper at F2. So yes, I did miss the very far left bit. Apart from that, all paper all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An admission of sorts! Actually I didn't "post" anything but as I usually do I uploaded the Google Earth picture as I was processing the setting file from the GPS and recorded the length and elevation details and I also uploaded the picture from my phone, leaving the whole thing as a draft which I assume as administrator you have access to. But I take your word as a gentleman that my suspicions were unfounded!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I have once or twice seen other people's drafts on my administrator "Posts" page, but only coincidentally when working on something of my own. As much as I enjoy your runs I don't spend my Saturday afternoons patrolling the back end of the hash blog hoping to get a preview of them!

      The admission comes because, seeing your GPS track, I now realize what happened. When Jim and I reached the fateful checkback he went to the right and I angled left. I'm guessing by the time he broke the check I was already heading up the hill, a lead of 10 minutes or so. He came in just 6 minutes after me so in fact he did the run faster than I did . . . as usual.

      Delete