Monday, June 1, 2015

Monday notes

Cesar (right) with his good buddy Tyrone Power, who some say was the biggest Hollywood scat fan of all.
Since the question popped out yesterday, the famous Hollywood star who supposedly like to decorate his swimming pool with floating ornaments was Cesar Romero. Hey, don't sue us. That's the legend.

Second, if you own a Garmin GPS watch and haven't done it already, download yourself the Garmin Express software (it's free) and then sign on to Garmin Connect. Suddenly your screen will fill with all kinds of data, graphs, maps, etc. detailing every run you've done. Mapping is automatic and it even gives you the weather and temperature at the time. You won't believe how much your watch knows about you.

And finally, if you're looking for a target time for August's Angkor Wat Empire Half Marathon, the last half marathon in Cambodia before ours was run this weekend in Phnom Penh, and the winner came in at 1:16:51. Story here

4 comments:

  1. I'd say you've just put your finger on the whole sorry issue of where Garmin are going, which is not in the direction of simple usable handheld/wrist GPS's where the user can control the degree of info-bloat to which he is exposed. I for one will not be signing up to Garmin Express/Connect - if I want to know the weather, I'll look up at the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he was also famous as the inventor of the Cesar salad (I always wondered what the brown bits were).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Eggie, are you going places you don't want your watch to know about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm very happy with my 'watch'. It is doing an excellent job - much as my sadly late lamented CSx60 did; which is why I don't want to get Expressed or Connected as I fear that would lead me into the sort of territory (metaphorically speaking) that the new 64S is leading me towards, i.e info-bloat!

      Delete