Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Beaver bites off more than he can chew?

After two utterly disastrous recces, Saturday's run is beginning to look like a replay of last week's, plus another couple hundred meters of ascent and, no doubt, some good hard pouring rain. All the elements are there: a hill that has changed beyond recognition since last year's big storm, some old GPS tracks that are worse than useless, and no time for proper scouting. You've got to be out of your mind to come on this one.

It'll start at Nam Noi, either the wat or the school, depending on where the best minds of SH3 decide is the optimal location. It'll be done with the assistance of a hash personage I can now only refer to as Mr. X. If things go terribly wrong, blame him. Or the GPS. Or Egghead. Yeah, Egghead, it's all his fault!

5 comments:

  1. Mr. Beaver, I have a root canal scheduled for 10:30 Saturday morning, now I had imagined that the day could only get better. HOW WRONG COULD I BE?

    ON ON Gan Yao

    Actually looking forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the 3rd recce wasn't quite as hopeless as the first two. So maybe it won't be a total disaster. Just not as pleasant as a root canal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beaver, your dedication is an inspiration, as a token of my appreciation, can I offer you my root canal appointment and I will do the run?

    On On Gan Yao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most generous of you, we beavers are always up for a good root. You want my next colonoscopy in return?

    ReplyDelete