Sunday, November 8, 2015

Cherie's Lament

Typical! They steal me from my family (Money? What's that?) and dump me in a wilderness of that nasty green stuff that we use as a latrine and expect me to eat it. C'mon guys. Do you drink the water out of the toilet bowl? (Don't answer that Lucky!) Then they fill my house up with nasty sweaty people who seem to think that I'm some kind of dog; yeah buddy, just try that stroking crap again and you'll find out what a horn is for!
And then... do I get to run? I mean was I even asked? That little tart Lucky goes off again with the tall guy who feeds me bananas and bread (at least someone in this hell hole understands what an ungulate likes!) and I'm left entertaining the lame and lazy, when given half a chance I'd be out there at the front of the pack - until I happened to pass some tasty tree or other when I might just have to stop for a quick browse....

Ok Cherie, calm down! You were registered. Sadly, too late to be iced but we now have a new goat runner who should we happen to have another 4 parties at Egg Towers will have to be named so get thinking!

What did she miss?

About 7k all up with a total ascent of about 30 m - it was flat! The beer stop which represented the end of the short run was at about 4.1k with the result that by the time the short runners reached it and had been transported back to the run site, the long runners were already safely at home.
A party followed which went on quite late and involved consuming large numbers of beers. Neither Yardo nor Stick Insect felt capable of driving home and took advantage of the presence of handy Saffers who had not been quite so ambitious in their alcoholic consumption.

1 comment: